Wednesday, May 9, 2012

This Happened


Classes are over, juries are done and most of my grades are in. Post-jury appointments and scale exams loom. Fatigue dominates relief, nervous energy trumps productiveness. I'm trying in earnest to convince myself that time is on my side. 

While I wasn't looking these things happened...

 The japanese maple survived the patio construction,
the rhubarb flowered,
and the barn sank deeper into full on rot...


 The Solomon Seal put on its best show ever,
 and the woodpeckers found new sources of food after our maple came down.

The Forget-Me-Nots bloomed in the woods,
 and the dandelions took over every inch of the yard...oh joy.

 The violets came early
and the rhodie started to pop.

The columbines,
roses,
 and peonies have buds.

Our rental property has new tenants,

 
and the fence fell down for good.

 The smallest and most fragile creatures returned.


Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment