Wednesday, March 7, 2012

School Canceled Due To Weather

You know it's a sad state of affairs when the only days off you get are days where you stay home to nurse a cold. Ah well, at least I had the good sense to stay home on a day when the temp hit 62, the sky was cloudless and the air warm. I've got a few windows are open. Is that dirt I smell?
The birds are waking up and so are the woods.The snow is gone except for the teeniest tiniest patches. My hiking legs are pudgy, I'm out of shape and wobbly, but I am determined to make it up the logging road and on to the ridge around our house. The last of the winter food has been eaten...Wait, what...what was that you said?
That the temp is going to hit 35 tomorrow if we're lucky....
Spoilsport. I'll take all the spring I can get this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment