Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Plan B

The is the first spring break in a looooong time where it actually feels like spring - for real. No kidding around, this is the real deal. And if the forecast is correct we'll move right into summer next week - 82 degrees is forecast one week from tomorrow.

We heard the first peepers tonight, had a pre-dinner glass of wine on the patio and kept the windows open until well after the sun went down. Robins, house pinches and English sparrows are all scouting nest locations and the rhubarb is up. As usual I had high hopes for getting all kinds of stuff done during the break. Instead I've mostly managed to make progress decreasing my substantial sleep deficit. Normally I'd feel a little guilty about this. Instead I'm choosing to focus on the positive side.
I've made one big orange tabby cat very happy,

and made a good investment in my sanity.

2 comments:

  1. Peter has inspired me to contemplate that life is probably better when one is orange-colored... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! Plus his orangeness has got his priorities totally straight - crunchies, pets, sunbeams, naps, snuggles.

    ReplyDelete