Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pioneer Days

There's so much going on in our lives right now I'm not sure what to highlight in today's post. The wonderful thing? It's all good (as Sandy might say!). What a lovely problem to have.

I've really enjoyed getting reacquainted with my students this week and hearing about their many amazing summer adventures. They inspire me. Twenty years ago when I arrived at the College there was no "studio". What I found when I arrived was a rag tag bunch of lovely and talented violinists and a handful of violists (three to be exact). My how things change. Speaking of building something from scratch...

FOUND just celebrated one year of being open on August 28th. Yesterday we received our first national press by being listed in the pages of FLEA MARKET STYLE Magazine under "Reader's Favorite Antiques Malls".

We were one of only three shops mentioned from New York state. If you listened carefully you might've heard us whooping and celebrating last night! There's just something so satisfying about the "if we build it they will come" projects.

And finally speaking of building...
Here's the latest pic from our patio/pergola project. They'll finish construction today and stain it white and I expect we'll have dinner under it tonight. Now all we need is just a little more time for ourselves and our friends and family to enjoy it! I'm working on that..

No comments:

Post a Comment