Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ready

We're getting used to life without our big tree and look forward to the day when the carnage is removed from our front lawn. It is a gruesome reminder. I'm still working on finding a craftsman who will want the wood to turn bowls or make furniture.

We had a fantastic time at the FOUND FLEA this past Sunday and despite the gray skies
and rainy weather our loyal customers and friends showed up to hang out and to shop! We were set up to our favorite FOUND peep Sandy who inspired us to no end with her unbelievable array of delicious outdoor furniture.
I wanted ALL of it.
Our vacation starts soon and this is a good thing because it means that vacation prep and packing will soon end and we will simply get in the car and just go. I hate this phase and of course this isn't your average kind of vacation packing. Oh no, we're not just rifling through the closets and throwing stuff into a suitcase. No, no, no...this packing needs to be preceded by shopping (because of course neither one of us has a single thing to wear for the summer) and by cleaning (because we have a housesitter) and by list-making (because after all I am the oldest living girl scout, I am always prepared and the basic necessities can only be bought in Ithaca). Please someone, rescue me from myself! I've got the major tasks taken care of and our list is even on a google.doc (because you know, this girl scout is also a nerd), now I just need to finish grading exams, get some stuff ready in advance for our booth, buy a few more summer clothes and figure out how to do the remote access for our answering machine. Oy veh...

No comments:

Post a Comment