Tuesday, October 29, 2013

An Auspicious Day


Today is my dad's birthday. Had he lived to see the day, he would've turned 88.

I am honoring his birthday by choosing this date to officially let the world know I'm retiring from my job at the ivory tower to pursue those things I'm most passionate about - growing a business, selling antiques, making beautiful photographs, writing, and living wholeheartedly.

This is the biggest decision I've ever made in my entire life and it wouldn't be possible without my dad. Way back at the ripe old age of 24 and newly out in the professional world, my dad encouraged me to start a retirement account right away. He knew I couldn't imagine where my life would take me but that one day I might just want to retire at 55. And how wise he was.
Thank you dad. As I leap wholeheartedly into the world of self-employment, 
self-empowerment and true fulfillment I honor you.


No comments:

Post a Comment