Thursday, September 19, 2013

Playing to Win

Sunny and 75 today...
I've been napping on the dock for most of the afternoon and I think I might be just a wee bit sunburned. 
This is the warmest it's been since we arrived. I dipped my toes into the water and found it lovely...
just not lovely enough to actually get all the way in. Although for a brief moment I thought I might have to jump in head first after I jettisoned my napping pillow off the dock...
 
The rhythm of our time here has been perfect. 
Wake up...cook...eat...talk about future meals while eating...nap...forage...cook...eat some more...sleep. Save for the inevitable trips into Wegmans and a quick stint making photos for the FOUND website, I've not ventured far from this spot. 
I'm pondering the really important questions today, like how come I never have my camera within reach when the hummingbird visits and do I really need that third piece of salted dark chocolate and caramel. I already dread leaving this place and we've only been here three days. Like clockwork the customary conversations about whether or not we can afford a lake place have begun.
Should we buy a cottage on the east or west side of the lake? Do we want screened porch or an open one? High above the water or at the shore? We've customized this dream down to the inth degree. Today I secured the plan. I bought a MegaMillions lottery ticket on my grocery run. The prize is $145 million. I'm pretty sure we could find a way to spend it and hey, you can't win it you don't play...

No comments:

Post a Comment