Saturday, July 27, 2013

Missing Howard

Ken's dad Howard passed peacefully yesterday surrounded by his children and grandchildren. His journey was accompanied by their sweet soft singing of his favorite hymns and folk songs. I am relieved his suffering has ended.

I will miss his stories. Tales of riding a horse to school, harrowing stories of surviving the dust bowl in Kansas, his adventures in Palestine, and stories of his never ending work for peace and justice in the world. He was a man with a soft heart. A writer of poetry, who wept when reading a poem about a childhood friend tragically killed in a farm accident. 
 His love for butter pecan ice cream.



2 comments:

  1. Debra, this is a lovely piece about what sounds like a lovely, gentle man. It sounds like he was well-loved. I send you & Ken all my best care, and I thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete