Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I used to cook...

and I used to cook everyday. I really love to cook. I read recipes for inspiration like they were novels (though I almost never follow them), love to plan meals and I even like to do the grocery shopping. Lately with renovation happening 24/7 at FOUND and a soft opening scheduled for August 28th, a home cooked meal has become a thing of the past. I'm not proud of the fact that the only food in my frig right now is in take out containers and it all looks and smells like a science experiment gone horribly wrong. At the suggestion of a home-cooked meal the other day Ken replied "You mean we can eat food from our house at home?". Yep, it's that bad. Still all in all we're ecstatic that we have a space for FOUND and we can hardly wait to open our doors! We are having big fun there,
as is often evident!
After spending the day at the shop yesterday we zipped out to auction last night to find a hall full good stuff but a crowd in the mood for a buying frenzy. Bad combination. Prices were crazy high and we didn't get much until the last hour or two of the the auction. I'm happy to report though that it was mostly worth the wait. We came home with three perfect 100% wool camp blankets in the most beautiful plaid colors I've ever seen, a vintage medicine cabinet with great old green paint, stoneware bowls and a lot of them, a really nice Art Deco framed print, plus lots of other great smalls. Sadly there was no furniture to be had, what with folks willing to pay crazy money for things. Guess we'll have to wait for auction on Sunday to try again for larger pieces. The dining room has disappeared again under the weight of all our treasures and I expect the living to go under when we return from auction on Sunday.

I'm almost a week late to post about our annual Nail Soup potluck and music evening held at Phil and Mary's secluded manse in the Harford hills east of town, but here goes anyway!

It was a lovely summer evening
with good friends,
good music,
a roaring fire,

s'mores,
and two sweet six week old kitties to snuggle.We hardly ever see our friends these days and just want them to know
how much we miss them and that we will be back, we promise.

1 comment: