Saturday, March 20, 2010

Geek Alert

Ken is a self described professional geek and me, well I'm just a geek-in-waiting (otherwise known as an amateur). Today after months of threatening we marched ourselves down to the Verizon store and purchased two new Motorola Droids. I've never been one to fawn over technology, but let me just say this - I love this machine. It is beyond cool. It does everything except make my morning coffee. Ken has already programmed his to sound like a light saber when he uses it as a sword (oh my). I immediately went about trying to use the camera and the video recorder and since it was a nice day (the last for a while I hear) I tried it out on Franklin.

Those of you who know Franklin know that he's living on borrowed time. In April he reaches the two year anniversary of a renal cancer diagnosis and despite intense pressure from the vet to put him down he seems to be thriving. For the last year or so he's been reaping the benefits of the "Feline Make a Wish Foundation" in the form of daily trips outside (barring cold weather, rain, darkness, snow and the sound of stranger's voices). Every day we have with him is a gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment